Are you looking for a home in Collin County, Texas? Smart move! If not, then perhaps you should consider it. The cities within Collin County offer safe communities, strong job market, excellent school systems, a fair Real Estate market, and plenty of entertainment. Plano and McKinney are two growing cities that have a lot to offer.
Plano, located approximately 30 miles from Dallas, is a thriving city exemplified by consistent growth in population, job growth, and a low crime rate.
- In 2005, 2006, and 2011 CNN Money magazine chose Plano as the best place to live in the Western United States.
- Forbes magazine also named Plano, Texas the safest city in America in 2010 and 2011.
- Most recently, Plano was named the 10th Best City to Find A Job in 2015 by WalletHub.
- Ranked #9 as Best Performing City in the Nation by the Milken Institute
Plano offers an affordable and diverse housing market, a great school district, and a strong job market. The current median price of homes is $305,000, with the median price of homes sold at $256,194. The schools score among the best in the nation, have a low student-teacher ratio of just 14-1, and a 94% graduation rate. Plano has impressively added over 13,000 jobs since 2005. The unemployment rate is below the National average at 4.2%, compared to 5.8% (November 2014).
McKinney, also about 30 miles from Dallas, is a charming city with a close-knit community. This city was listed by the Census Bureau as the nation’s fastest growing city from 2000 to 2003, and in 2006 (among cities with more than 50,000 people).
- In 2014, CNN Money Magazine ranked McKinney 1st place among Best Places to Live in the United States.
- McKinney was selected by Best Life magazine as one of the 100 best places to raise a family in the country.
- Chosen as one of the 25 Best Places to Move in the country by Forbes.com.
McKinney offers a strong real estate market, low crime rates, and excellent schools in a city with a small town feel. The picturesque city was ranked “1st place among Best Places to live in the U.S.” by CNN Money Magazine due to housing affordability, education, arts and culture, safety, health care, diversity, and the economy. The average listing price for homes for sale is $376,240.
The crime rate is low at 2.23% for property crime, and unemployment rates are at 4.4% (June 2014), with job growth at 3.43%.
Come and experience what Collin County has to offer!
If you are looking to buy or sell in Collin County, Texas, call The Fejeran Group today. We serve the North Dallas area and can help you reach your goals!